23 September 2010

all along the data-literature vector did our tangents tangle

today was begun with a catchup up meeting for the Seamless astronomy group that ballooned far beyond its scheduled hour.  the breadth of the discussion was intentional for the benefit of Alberto Pepe, a new postdoc arriving to work with Goodman on some or all Seamless facets.   we will see where he plans to dive in, although I'm hoping for a collaborator on my sharing/citation vector.  my discussion hijacks included more hypothesizing on scholarly attribution/credit sourced in readings like this.

i am less then certain that we achieved much beyond demonstrating at least 2 or 3 of the 9 proven tips which make [sure your meetings] fail.

then I decided to solicit a bit of curry on the VAO mailing lists regarding who is the intended audience for the forthcoming user forum.

ps: I'm not Australian.

No comments:

Post a Comment